Sunday, May 07, 2006

Elvis Inn Jerusalem



If I had Purgatorio's readership, I might offer up a caption contest for this here photo, but instead, I will simply share it. It ties in nicely to the latest Fire Ant Theatre reading, I think, and of course to my own ties to the King.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis is in the building. No, Elvis has left the building. No wait, Elvis is ON the building! Yes!

Thanks to my cousin, Mike, who just reported in from the Holy Land (and we're not talking Memphis here; we're talking Israel) where he is working on assignment, we have this. This being, of course, the King...in Jerusalem. Mike, being from Tennessee and being related to me, recognizes good kitsch when he sees it. And I probably owe him a big turkey dinner or something for allowing me to share this with ya'll. Thanks, Mike!

11 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, May 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm speechless. i'm practically immobile. what i'm feeling is not ascertainable at this time. i'll have to get back to you

 
At 1:45 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Made more ironic by that wall being the sign for the men's room!

(Or at least I think that would be hillarious.)

 
At 6:50 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:51 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

Definitely a good companion to Eric's reading ;).

 
At 10:28 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

i'm speechless.

Susie, is that a first? ;-)

Beth, you had me going back and looking for the restroom signage...that would be ironic (and funny)!

Rachel, I'm wondering if Eric's got a sequel in him? Although I'm not sure what kind of sequel this elicits. I rather liked the Shakepearean Elvis. ;-)

 
At 7:37 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

"American Idol" will be All Elvis, All The Time.

Ayyyeeee....are you fer real? Isn't that like the teevee equivalent of deep fried cheese balls? Adding insult to injury? Something like that anyway. Okay, count me NOT an American Idol fan, but this I might actually enjoy. I'll be sure and record it. Thanks for the heads up...and oh, my blog now dates comments. ;-)

As for Proust and Buddy Holly, I like it (In Search of Lost Time/Not Fade Away, or It Doesn't Matter Any More...something like that?). Be sure to wear the glasses when you're reading, so we get the full effect.

I'm also thinking there's probably a good Homeric version of Little Richard somewhere in your repertoire. ;-)

 
At 7:38 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Er, no, my blog does not date comments. It only dates posts. My blog does as it pleases, mostly. Grrr...

 
At 7:46 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Ah, ha! Now it dates comments. Take that, you stupid stinkin' blog!

 
At 7:48 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

But I'd like you to take note that it is now July. Wait, no, August already. Holy Moly! We're in a time warp!! Okay, so the blog wins this one. Take that, will ya? Please. Take it!

 
At 8:23 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Oh. [blushing] Never mind.

 
At 8:25 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thank you. 8-}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home