Monday, May 15, 2006

Not in the Mood

I'm not in the mood to blog today. I've caught a cold. I pride myself on not catching colds. I do not like them! And the worst part is that tomorrow I teach...all day. Nothing like teaching with a head full of mucus. And a voice like Mae West (okay, not quite that lovely...more like a gravelly Al Pacino). Since talking is not my favorite activity, and public speaking even less so, I do not look forward to what tomorrow and Wednesday will bring. There are about 150 bright eyed new accountants from all over the country anxiously awaiting my performance (time to learn a few dance moves). Joy!

And I spent Mother's Day scrubbing the grout "haze" off of those bloody tiles on the front porch. Even with the aid of hydrochloric acid, it was not an easy job. Perhaps the acid accounts for my cold...what exactly happens if you accidentally get some of this on you, anyone know? I know I inhaled the vapors. But finally(!), the tiles have been restored to their original, unfinished, condition. And I have purchased the appropriate grout with which to complete the project. That will be next weekend's project. Then, I'll post a picture of the completed project for all to see (because I know this is what you are all waiting for).

Happy Monday!

6 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

Awww, I hope you feel better quickly. Since I know how hard it is when you feel like something the cat dragged in, I'll be praying for that too!

 
At 6:29 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger beth said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Hope you feel better soon! When people talk about catching colds (or when I do for that matter) I always get a mental image of the wizard battle in Disney's "Sword in the Stone" - where Merlin turns into a germ when fighting Mad Madam Mim and says, "And YOU caught me!" Then you cut to her with all the spots and sneezes and fever in the cabin and Merlin's making the hole in the roof with his staff and Mim's whining about hating sunshine. You know?

I love that movie. :)

Still hope you feel better!

 
At 7:23 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Rach! :-)

Beth, exactly! I'll need a staff for tomorrow's performance. ;-)

 
At 2:02 AM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all, sorry you have a cold. or does the cold have you?

second, i hate grout. i hate everything about it. including the word "grout".

next. i think you'll be fine, teenagers breath in worse than that everyday at school behind the gym, and they seem to still be able to do algebra.
not that i'm advocating the inhalation practices of teenagers, i dont, i think it is rather retarded to do it on purpose, but if you only do it once in say, a hundred years i think you will be fine.

 
At 2:30 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Dear Gwynne,

You are allowed to not be in the mood to blog every now and then - which does not equal two days in a row.

What am I supposed to do at work if there aren't new posts to read? Riddle me that, please!?

Oh. You think actual work should go in there, don't you.

Please come back soon. :)

 
At 5:38 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Susie, I hate grout too! That's my new motto. I'm getting t-shirts made. Want one? And if there are teens inhaling hydrochloric acid, we need to reach out to them. It's really not all it's cracked up to be. ;-) But you raise another point. I should have denied the inhaling part, huh?

Beth, okay, okay...a new post is up, for what it's worth. I know you've got real work to do, but this is important. I'm glad you recognize that. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home