Friday, May 26, 2006

Fun At the Zoo

Have I ever shown you these? I know I told you there is lots to do in Omaha. That was no lie. Here's proof. ;-)

I had my hands full "filming" this action sequence (without a video camera). There's about 50 more slides making up the whole sequence of events, including a baby orangutan helper. Basically, these shots capture the main events...monkey sees hose and fashions a retrieving tool out of a tree branch (obtained from outside of her cage, I might add), monkey reels in the entire hose while one end is attached to a faucet outside the cage, monkey tries unsuccessfully to drink from the hose and when that doesn't work dismantles the entire nozzle assembly, hauls the hose up into the tree and builds a nest, then coils up the hose as if to put it neatly away before the zookeeper shows up. It was quite entertaining for us humans.









4 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

I love monkeys!

 
At 8:51 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

I do too, and this one was especially mischievious! ;-)

 
At 2:11 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Oh to have seen that live. :) Looks like quite a bit of fun.

 
At 1:22 AM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

It was a lot of fun! We all enjoyed laughing at them, but at one point I thought she might accidentally hang herself (one of the coils was looped around her neck) and decided to go off in search of a zookeeper. Silly monkeys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home