Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Here's a brief travelogue in pictures. We've done a lot of driving and visiting on this journey. Our daughter and grandson stayed with his other grandmother in CA while we drove from the Central Coast of CA up to Tacoma for a few days. Along the way, we stayed a couple nights in San Francisco and a night on the coast of Oregon before landing on our boat in Tacoma where it drizzled and rained the entire time. Our New Year's celebration was very sedate, as usual, but special in that we got to spend it cozied up in our boat, watching...ahem...Mamma Mia! Some of you know that I am a hardened ABBA hater, but really, this was an outstanding movie...great cinematography, great story, great musical (as in, not too musically if you know what I mean), great music (I know, I know...I never thought I'd say that). Anyway, Mamma Mia and a bottle of wine made for a nice celebration.

Now, we are on our way back to CA a bit early, to pick up our daughter and grandson. Unfortunately, he has come down with a serious respiratory cold (thankfully, it's not pneumonia or RSV) for which he's being hospitalized for the night. While he's in good hands, we'll feel better when we can see him again and give him a big hug. Please say a prayer for the little bugger.

So, from the beginning (sort of)...

Flagstaff, AZ (by the pool)


Ragged Point (Big Sur coast), CA


Union Square, San Francisco

Chinatown, San Francisco, CA


Giant Redwoods, Northern CA coast

Tacoma, WA

Smokey, at the Navigation Station

Sophia, at the Entertainment Station
(for Christmas, my husband received an autographed photo of "the most beautiful woman in the world" to personify the boat's new name)



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, January 01, 2009, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Beautiful boat, Gwynne!

And man. Those are some honkin trees!

I'll be praying for Spartacus!

Happy New Year!

 
At 3:46 AM, January 02, 2009, Blogger Bobkat said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you had a good trip :)

Sorry to hear about your grandson's illness. I hope he gets better really soon.

 
At 8:27 AM, January 02, 2009, Blogger Sisiggy said...

Glad you got a least a little down time.

Many prayers for Spartacus -- and all of you.

 
At 1:57 PM, January 02, 2009, Blogger Rae said...

Happy New Year! Praying for your Grandson :-)!

 
At 9:00 AM, January 04, 2009, Blogger Foo said...

I know just what you mean about keeping the musical part of musicals to a manageable level. It's hard to advance a story if you have to take 5 minutes to sing what should have taken 30 seconds to say.

I enjoyed seeing the boat pictures, but I'm a little confused. I thought Cate Blanchett was the most beautiful woman (after my wife).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home