Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mom Says I Have To Share

If I were a selfish person, I would not mention this. Instead I would bookmark this site and keep it all to myself. Of course, other people have already discovered it and in fact, led me to it, so I couldn't keep it my little secret for long. In the interest of playing fair and sharing a good thing, go visit Idle Minutes and then to the Ebay links he provides, to see his beautiful artwork.

Don is a very generous person, and a most un-selfish artist. If you poke around on his site, you'll find some great paintings of animals, including this one that Don painted for Brian's family when they lost their beloved friend, Carla. It brought tears to my eyes to read the note that Carla sent to her family. When he offered folks a free painting in the form of a postcard, I sent him an email asking to be added to the list. He read my profile, learned that I liked the Blues and sent me this.

I recently won two of Don's paintings (Lamar Hills and Grand Prismatic Spring). Unfortunately for Don, there wasn't a whole lot of competition, which is a shame (for him) because his work is worth a whole lot more than $4.95 (the minimum bid). From my perspective, I got two wonderful and very affordable original watercolor paintings (free shipping even!). The paintings just arrived today and I was thrilled when I opened them! They are even more beautiful in real life (and his photos are great). They are little gems (2" x 3"). Their small size makes them very easy to fit into any decor (personally, I buy art that I love and then work the decor around it...one must never, ever, buy art to match the sofa, always the other way around, but the problem is I am running out of wall space, so these are perfect in that respect).

The least I can do is offer up a little free advertising, even if it does lead to a bidding war. I'm currently bidding on Granny's Place. Come on over! :-)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, February 07, 2008, Blogger beth said...

Gosh...talent oozing out of every pore.

Thanks for sharing! (I promise not to snap everything up. ;) )

 
At 7:28 PM, February 07, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

talent oozing out of every pore

Yes, I'd say so. And the best part is, he doesn't seem to think so. He's very humble.

 
At 11:07 AM, February 12, 2008, Blogger DarkoV said...

Hey Gwynne,
Any time I clicked on your links for Idle Minutes, all I get is a GoDaddy.com advertisement. No pictures, no paintings, just ads.

Am I missing something or were the links time-sensitive?

thanks.

 
At 11:38 AM, February 12, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Darko, thanks for the heads up. I believe that Don has the site down for re-vamping (the link in my side bar isn't working either)...I was just on yesterday, but he's working on making changes to the site, so that's my guess. I'll fix links as soon as he's back up and running.

 
At 10:06 PM, March 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gwynne,
I was just checking on Idle Minutes and noticed an incoming link from this post.

Thanks so much for your kind words and the other commenters' too :-)

I'll be posting again on Idle Minutes later this week. I've gotten behind due to other projects.

Your kindness is much appreciated :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home