Monday, February 04, 2008

About Last Night

After picking up my husband from the airport last night, we agreed not to belabor the boat situation until our surveyor has played his hand with the owner of the shop. We are confident that the owner will see the error of his manager's ways and will work to smooth things over. And if not, well...we'll see.

So we enjoyed watching the Superbowl game on the DVR...he enjoyed the game, I enjoyed the commercials and worked on a beaded necklace for a friend while the game was in progress. Until the last half of the last quarter. It was at that point, that my ears perked up and I got sucked in. I can't help but root for an underdog and the Giants pulled off a beautifully executed victory. The fact that Eli is Peyton's brother made it all the more special. Good job, boys!

Of all the commercials, I'd have to say it's a toss up between Bud's Hank and the Dalmatian commercial (I'm a sucker for horses, dogs and Chariots of Fire theme music), and Garmin's Napoleon...hilarious watching Napoleon zip around the French countryside without being able to see above the dashboard. And then he puts his phone away in his coat pocket, answering the long standing question of "what's inside Napoleon's coat anyway?" Plus Garmin is a local company, so my vote is for them. The talking baby ordering up clown services was pretty funny but very creepy. The Go Daddy and Victoria's Secret ads got a big thumbs down. The dancing lizards had me rolling in the aisles, but when it got to the end and showed the product, it was like someone sliced my tires...SoBe water, what?! At that point, it just looked like plagiarism...I mean, the amphibian thing belongs to Bud and Geico. Couldn't they have picked something else like, oh, I don't know, hairless cats or something?

Much, much more excellent commentary (and all performed live, no less) over at Eric's place. And a half-time report at Jim's.

Heh. I just added a Superbowl category. That's certainly a first.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home