Sunday, February 10, 2008

IT Haiku

Today, I found this gem, at a blog I had not visited before. The credit for the following poetry goes to Bob-kat at Bobkat's House (she did not write it but received it in an email...just trying to to give credit where credit is due). I've highlighted my favorites:


The web site you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.


Program aborting
Close all that you have worked on.
You ask far too much.

Windows has crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.


Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

Your file was so big.
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.

Stay the patient course.
Of little worth is your ire.
The network is down.

A crash reduces
Your expensive computer
To a simple stone.


Three things are certain
Death, taxes and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.

You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky,
But we never will.

Having been erased,
The document you're seeking
Must now be retyped.

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, February 10, 2008, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Gwynne ~ This is funny... well unless it is happening to you at the time! My favorite...
"Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank."

I've BEEN THERE! ~ jb///

 
At 7:54 AM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Bobkat said...

Hi Gwynne. Just returning your visit :) It's always nice to meet another blogger and so I thought I would drop by.

Glad you liked the haiku. It's just my sort of humour! Thanks for the mention.

I'm very busy at the moment (and stressed!) but I will endeavour to pop by again sometime.

 
At 6:59 PM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

LZ blogger, me too! :-)

Bob-kat, thanks for dropping in! :-) And thanks for sharing the Haiku...great stuff! :-)

 
At 7:13 AM, February 13, 2008, Blogger Foo said...

Awesome!

 
At 7:34 PM, February 13, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Foo, I fully expected you to write one of your own. I would have posted this as a contest but nobody ever shows up for my contests. *pout*

 
At 5:05 PM, February 17, 2008, Blogger Rae said...

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home