Tuesday, October 09, 2007

All Shook Up!

How did I miss this?! These "limited edition commemorative" candy bars were released this past summer to celebrate the 30-year anniversary of Elvis' death (which was on my birthday, wouldn't you know). I think I might prefer the real fried PB&B sandwiches that Elvis was famous for indulging, but these candy bars are certainly worth a try. I have yet to spot one in its natural habitat. Have you?

I wonder why they didn't use the Fat Elvis for the packaging. Notice that there are several cover designs. Collect them all!

Thanks to Jagasaurus for the enlightenment.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, October 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, you never heard of Abba Pop Rocks?

'Cause, you know, Abba was a pop band that rocked.

 
At 8:15 PM, October 09, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

No, but I've heard of ABBA-ZABAs. They sux! ;-)

 
At 9:24 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Yummmmz!!!

 
At 9:55 PM, October 16, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

It's the 16th, chica. Thought about you this last week, I know you've been busy.

Are you still alive?

 
At 10:19 AM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

I haven't checked out the site yet, but if I get there and find that they don't have peanut butter-and-bananna-sandwich flavored candy, I'm going to have to declare the whole thing a sham.

 
At 10:20 AM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Been there; just got back. Peanut butter and banana cream is close enough.

 
At 3:40 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Jenn said...

banana cream and pb. Hmmm.

Fat elvis...hehehe.

 
At 4:19 PM, October 22, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Hey Gwynne...just making sure you're doing ok. Know you're missed, k? Blog when not swamped. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home