Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another Day At The Races

We had another occasion to spend a day at the races yesterday. This time it was the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Race. And some Indy 300 qualifying runs. And what a beautiful day it was. 73 degrees. Sunny. Not too crowded. And good friends.

But the highlight for me was our very own racecar! Well, not really "ours." And not a NASCAR driver. But this was a great opportunity to raise funds and awareness for the humane society we support. Wayside Waifs was fortunate to have an ARCA race team offer to team up with Wayside and sign autographs at our mobile pet adoption trailer. Here I am "posing" by our car outside the adoption trailer with my autographed picture. And the most fortuitous part was that this particular driver actually won his race! It was a good weekend for the dogs. :-)


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Sounds like you had better weather than the NASCAR race in Dallas a couple of weeks ago!

 
At 7:51 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

No complaints about the weather. The noise, on the other hand, was a different story. ;-)

 
At 10:39 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger DarkoV said...

Between the car and you, there was an awful ot of curves on that track.

This picture must have been before the race; I don't notice the film of burnt tires on your clothes. Speaking of which, once the race day is over, are your clothes salvageable or do they get heaved and that's just a cost of goign to the races?

 
At 5:15 PM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh, well, I think I'll take the high road and disregard any reference to curves and move right along to burnt tire film. ;-)

So that's what that stuff was. Black "ashes" kept fluttering down on us. I blamed the cigarette smokers up above, but now you make be realize it was tire debris. I'm new at this. Next time, I will wear black.

 
At 8:53 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Lyn said...

Was this at the KS speedway for the Indy car race? Cool. lgp

 
At 9:08 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Hey Lyn! It was! And that's why I didn't get to the other thing on my list. But I will, I promise. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home