Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Little Serotoninrain (or, When Virtual Friends Become Real)

Yesterday started out a little rainy, but it was sunny by the end of the day, thanks to the serotoninrain that passed through. ;-)

When I e-mailed Jim to see if his road trip would be taking him through KC, I hardly expected a response, let alone an acceptance to my invitation for coffee or lunch (both as it turned out). How exciting! A chance to meet my first virtual friend in real life. And he is real! He is real nice. He is real funny. And he is real charming. He is not a psychopath internet stalker like you hear about in the news. ;-)

We talked about our families, our life experiences, our travels, our thoughts on blogging (both of us thought it was juvenile and beneath us somehow; now look at us), youth ministry, and our glutinator termi...what was that again, Jim? There was not enough time to talk about everything, although we did get as far as "defenestration." ;-)

I am not allowed to divulge where he is headed, but I trust that we are in for a good report upon his return.

Happy trails, Jim. Thanks for stopping by!

9 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

[blushing]

I should point out to your readers that no actual defenestration was involved. That would have been completely inappropriate.

 
At 3:21 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. Yes, that would have been frowned upon here in Kansas City. That only happens in San Francisco. ;-)

 
At 3:27 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

Oh, and it's "glutenating transducer." Remember that at your next social gathering.

 
At 5:20 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger beth said...

How very cool. :)

 
At 9:08 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

It's awesome to meet up with virtual friends isn't it...which reminds me, I have a post to write LOL.

 
At 9:37 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

It is, Rach! I'm looking forward to your posts. I can't wait to hear a comparison of Disneyland to Midland. ;-) And then, I'm looking forward to the group trip we U.S. bloggers are planning to take to New Zealand (on Eric's dollar, of course). ;-)

 
At 6:36 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger beth said...

It's so cool of Eric to pay for that, too ;) Do you remember if he said he was financing spouses?Cause I know Tim wants to go too ;)

 
At 9:37 AM, September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool for you, meeting a blog stalker, er i mean friend, lol

 
At 8:11 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beth, I'm pretty sure he said spouses were included, but to be sure, I'll post a "negative confirmation" and if he doesn't respond, we'll know for sure that all expenses are covered. ;-)

Susie, you're an old pro at meeting your stalkers. So, when are you going to be in KC?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home