Friday, April 07, 2006

Just Plain Weird

When I set out on this blogging adventure, I never in my wildest dreams expected it to be a source of information as relates to my family, because none of them blog. Yet.

Fast forward to today...

In between tax returns (only 10 days left!), I scan my favorite blogs for a chuckle or two, maybe some enlightenment. Anything but taxes. Some people take a cigarette break. I take a blog break. So today, as I perused my lengthy list, I decided to pare it down. You know, because it's just too long. ;-) So I decided that I really didn't need Dave Barry's blog now that I have his column which is 9,000 times funnier than his blog, imho. But first, I took one last peek, to see if really I should be so quick to eradicate him (or rather, his blog) from the rolls. And that's where I learned that my Mom had just survived an earthquake (she lives just 8 miles from the epicenter). Granted, the earthquake did little damage and apparently didn't even alarm the residents (if all of our natural disasters could be so stealth), but still! I wouldn't have even known had I not read Dave Barry's blog. Just weird.

And then to learn that Dave Barry's in my old college town, well, that's just cool!

So I guess I need to leave his blog on the rolls, if for no other reason, but to keep tabs on my family members. 8-}

2 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, April 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seven degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon...I mean Dave Barry.

 
At 11:25 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Janie, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. It's a small world. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home