Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Blogroll Additions

I've added a couple of new blogs to my blogroll...

There's something for everyone on Cake Wrecks, a documentary of "when professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong." Cakes for all occasions...check it out! This site is amazing in so many ways. If nothing else, check out the Naked Mohawk-Baby Carrot Jockeys, or this one.

And then there's Cake Wrecks' polar opposite, Beau Speaks. "Beau Speaks" is an old friend of mine, going all the way back to high school days. He is married to Jen Speaks (Speaks is not their real name but when "Beau" met Jen, he preferred to remain anonymous on her blog and so his pseudonym was adopted). "Beau" is one of the smartest people I know. He is a political philosophy professor by trade, a new mostly-stay-at-home-father and a self-proclaimed "radical right-wing, gun-toting, conservative Christian." He's also one of the nicest people I know. It's about time he started a blog.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, July 27, 2008, Blogger Bobkat said...

I loved the cake site LOL! The carrot ones were very disturbing. Kind of reminded me of a veggie riding juvenile naked ride of the Valkyries!

I will check out your friend's blog too when I have a moment. Thanks for the tip and hope you are well :)

 
At 4:47 PM, July 27, 2008, Blogger Lynellen said...

The cake site gave me an hour of laughing so hard I choked. Which was kinda upsetting to the puppy i was holding, but that's ok.

 
At 9:33 AM, July 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gwen ... I've lost your email address and haven't chatted with you in about a year, but thank you for making a gift to Midland Fair Havens. That was really very nice of you and I am grateful. Drop me a note ...

Jimmy P

 
At 1:05 PM, July 28, 2008, Blogger Foo said...

Took a few minutes to check out the Cake Wreck. I alarmed my coworkers with a loud hoot at the James Bond cake. Awesome!

 
At 9:55 PM, July 28, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Bob-kat, is that a regular event, the veggie riding juvenile naked ride of the Valkyries? Now I've heard everything! ;-)

Lynellen, I thought you might like it...sorry to the puppy though. :-)

Jimmy, it was a pleasure...and you're the one to be thanked, for your hard work on their behalf!

Foo, a similar thing happened to me only I was giggling uncontrollably at the "burrowing baby bottoms, Batman!" Laughter is the best medicine. I hope your coworkers understood. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home