Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sunburned in Seattle

I could get used to this lifestyle very easily. The weather has been most un-Seattlesque...sunny and dry all week! That is because I bought an umbrella on Day 1, I'm sure ("just in case"). Sadly, I know this is setting me up for false expectations when we do move to the area. Not that I really mind the rain. I don't. I like a good rainy day if I don't have to work outdoors. But I love a bit of sunshine also. Today, I lathered up in spf 50 sunscreen for babies and worked on the deck all day while a parade of weekend boat traffic cruised up and down the Thea Foss Waterway where we are docked. And I still got sunburned. Who gets sunburned in Seattle? Two long days of sanding and chiseling and back ache and here is all I have to show for it. You'd think, for all the time I've spent, that I was sanding an entire deck or something. And I'm not finished yet. There is still more sanding to do and then my husband can put new varnish or teak oil on what little wood is on the deck.






BTW, the free ATT-WiFi thing in Starbucks is working great! I've been to several stores in the area and all have worked beautifully. Go get your free Starbucks card soon and take advantage if you're so inclined. You'll also get lots of freebies like drinks and syrups if you're into that sort of thing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, June 29, 2008, Blogger Sisiggy said...

Sadly, the only Starbucks around here is 40 miles away and the employees get really mad when you go there. We have a really nice independent coffee shop close by -- no WiFi though. I'm sure if a Starbucks decides to open up closer, that may be her next improvement.

 
At 4:49 PM, June 29, 2008, Blogger Rae said...

I can hardly remember what sunburn is at this time of year!

 
At 7:24 AM, June 30, 2008, Blogger Lynellen said...

Sunscreen has to be reapplied every few hours..especially if you're sweating or in the water. You catch alot of reflected light and UV when on a boat, so remember to reapply the sunscreen about every 2 hours!

 
At 8:34 AM, June 30, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

Natives refer to their occasional sunburns as rust. ;-)

Really, it doesn't rain up there as much as people think - they have a rainy season, but it is not all year 'round.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home