Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bills, Bills, Bills

I've not wandered off. Not yet, anyway. No. I'm slogged down in billing. And flogged. No time to blog. There's a Dr. Seuss tale in there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to pull in out. The flogging began just over an hour ago. It's "that time of month." Again. It happens every month and it is my very, very least favorite thing to do, asking people to pay me for what I do. I wish we still lived in a barter society and I could just do my thing and then when I needed a loaf of bread, or a car, I just trade in my "chips." So anyway, when I am done, I will kick up my heels and post something very exciting. Like, oh, I don't know, maybe some thoughts on the proposed Wal-Mart Bank. Anyone else heard this yet? Any thoughts? Would your thoughts be different if Microsoft or Apple wanted to enter the banking business? Do you even care?

[Scurries off into her "billing" hole, to escape further flogging.]

6 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger beth said...

But Gwynne, do you keep a log? A log of all the bills you flog while through billing hell you slog? And have you ever billed a frog, a frog that lived inside a bog, or would that leave your firm agog? Can you pet your handsom dog while billing nightmares round you jog? And are there special billing togs that help dispel depressive fog? I know you must feel like a cog but drink a little of this 'nog and then come back and write your blog.

 
At 6:43 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Um, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, and yes.

Thank you, Beth! ROTFLOL. :-)

But still slogging...

 
At 12:44 AM, April 27, 2006, Blogger mis_nomer said...

Walmart bank? No kid!

 
At 6:33 AM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

Wait... will I be getting a bill for being inlucded in your blogroll? If so, will it be discounted based on the days I was unceremoniously thrown into the "basement"?

 
At 10:33 AM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Wal-Mart bank - I kid you not! Coming soon to a Wal-Mart near you (do you have Wal-Marts in Singapore?)

Jim, I thought I might expect a bill (or a lawsuit) from you. Or look at it this way...it was free advertising (not that you've got a large target market here in my little blog room, but it's all I have, you know)...no bill. ;-)

 
At 8:34 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Eric, I just met with a community banker today who said virtually the same thing...more power to 'em. Thanks for the link. I'd not read much about it yet, but our local paper ran a story on the 2nd round of FDIC hearings that were held just down the street and that caught my attention.

And no, NO!, I don't like billing! I do not like it, Sam I am! It gives me the shivers. Part of it is that my billing rate is hideous. I'm sure the other difference is that my paycheck is not as directly tied into my bills as yours is. Several people that have departed the big corporate environment now say they too LOVE billing. And I say more power to 'em. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home