Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I Doubt

On Sunday, while visiting with our daughter (Julian's mother), we went to the Panda Express drive-thru for dinner on our way back to her place. After we finished eating, she was about to throw the bag away and I said, "Wait! There are fortune cookies in there!!" and I reached in and grabbed them both, carelessly handing one to her (normally, we make a point to carefully pick our cookies, making sure we get the right ones). So we open them up and she reads hers:

"Any doubts you may have will disappear early this month."

To which I say, "Oh, that's good!" And she asks, "Why is that?" And I say, "Well, in case you had any doubts about the whole rehab thing, you know." And she says, "I don't have any doubts!"

So then I read mine:

"You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course."

To which I said, "Well, apparently we got the wrong fortunes then, because I don't have any goals."

And we quickly switched fortunes, before anyone could be the wiser.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, July 02, 2009, Blogger Sisiggy said...

Can you really do that? Let me know. Because I've got a list of people I want to switch fortunes with.

 
At 8:00 AM, July 02, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Well, I think the statute of limitations is about a minute. After that, you're stuck with the hand you're dealt. ;-)

 
At 11:32 AM, July 02, 2009, Blogger Bobkat said...

LoL! They sound like good fortunes so I hope it all works out as foretold by the cookie! :)

 
At 11:16 PM, July 03, 2009, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

I love this! And, possession of the fortune is 180%, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home