Saturday, July 15, 2006

Crass Materialism

By special request from Beth, here is a piece of my Roseville collection (pottery made in Ohio during the Arts & Crafts period).

The post title is in reference to Beth's post on the Celebration of Discipline. But I won't be parting with my collection anytime soon. ;-)


For more pictures of my haphazard collection, go here. I hope this works...I've never tried linking to the kodak gallery site before. If not, well then, one picture must be enough. ;-) The labels on the photos refer to the Roseville pattern (I'm still trying to verify a couple of them).

I covet the green Laurel pattern, but as yet, have not been able to find one for less than the price of airfare to New Zealand.

4 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, July 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been hearing this name a lot lately. why is it so popular all of a sudden, or has it always been popular, or am i just simply loosing my mind?

 
At 5:21 PM, July 15, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

It's been a collector's item for a long time, maybe ever since it was made, but the whole Arts and Crafts period (or "Mission Style") has become more popular in the last few years which is probably why you've heard it mentioned more. I've stopped buying any more pieces because it's gotten so darned expensive! I got most of these on e-bay 4-5 years ago. I keep looking, but I'm not addicted anymore. ;-)

 
At 6:31 AM, July 17, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Very, very pretty. Now I have a collection to covet myself. :) I think I personally own...1 piece? Maybe 2. Cause I didn't really fall in love with it until it had started getting popular and, well, I'd rather fly to New Zealand.

 
At 11:27 AM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Yep, I'd rather fly to New Zealand also. I got all of mine for bargain prices on ebay back when that was still possible. Once it hits the price of gold, I'll unload it the same way I found it. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home